Change Default Password For WiFi Range Extender
There are different Netgear Extender models present in the market. Each of the Netgear devices comes with the default username and password. This means the default password is being used by millions of users worldwide and is not secure. It is strongly recommended by Netgear to change the password for their device after the Netgear extender Login to keep the device protected from outside threats.
When you choose the customized password, random users cannot access your account unless you share the details with time. And, if you do not change the default password, anyone can log in to your account and change the settings of your extender, even blocking you over the network.
Thus, if you want to keep your device and account information protected, you need to change the password and for that, you can follow the steps below:
Important: If you have already changed the password previously, but do not remember the new one, you can reset the extender to its default values and log in again by visiting the mywifiext.local setup page. Follow the on-screen instructions to do the task:
- First of all, make sure that the device you are using for changing the password is connected to the extender.
- After this, open any preferred web browser on your system and visit the mywifiext.net website.
Important: If mywifiext.net is not working, you can use the default IP address i.e 192.168.1.250 for the login.
- Once the logging page appears on your screen, type the username and password, hit the ‘login’ button. Always remember, both the username and password are case-sensitive.
- You can find the default values on the backside of your extender or in the user manual.
- On the setup wizard page, click on the ‘Admin’ panel and then tap on the “Maintenance’ option.
- Here, you can find the option to change the password for the extender.
- A new box will appear on your screen, where you can type the ‘Old password and then you can change the existing username and password.
- Type the ‘SSID and Password’ you want to set up.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button and save the settings.
Your extender default password is changed successfully. Now, you can log in with the new login values.
Unable To Mywifiext.net Password? Try Following Troubleshooting Steps
- Check the network connectivity, your extender must have the active internet connection
- Always keep at least two or three browsers ready to access the setup page.
- Reset or Format the web browser.
- The VPN should not be active, instead, try using the static IP Address.
- Use the Ethernet cable to establish the connection.