Complete Guide to Netgear Genie Smart Setup
One always wants to have an easy installation process for their devices. Similarly, for Netgear Extenders and routers, you can use the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Desktop application. With Netgear Genie Setup, the installation will become so easy as it will guide you through all the steps. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to install it or use it. There is a complete guide for you to help you in the installation and setup of your extender with Netgear Genie Smart Setup. So, let’s start with the journey!
Configure Extender with Netgear Genie Smart Setup!
The process of setup and configuration extender is very easy with the Netgear Genie Setup. You just need to go as per the instructions, and you will be able to use the extender by the end.
- Step 1: Turn on the wireless extender.
- Step 2: Now, turn on the system in which you want to do the setup.
- Step 3: After that, connect your system to the router.
- Step 4: Start the web browser in your system as per choice like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Step 5: On opening the web browser, the default page will open for the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Login page.
- Step 6: In case, it doesn’t open for you, then type mywifiext.net in the URL field.
- Step 7: Use default credentials in the login screen.
- Step 8: Click on the Login button to proceed further.
- Step 9: This will open the window for Netgear Smart Wizard.
- Step 10: The next step on the screen will ask you to select the name of the WiFi network you want to extend.
- Step 11: Click on the Continue button.
- Step 12: Now, select the name which you want to use for your Netgear Extender’s network.
- Step 13: Again click on the Continue button.
- Step 14: Once, all your changes are saved, you will get the instructions to connect the other wireless devices to the extender.
- Step 15: Go to the WiFi network manager in your device you want to connect to the extender’s network.
- Step 16: Select the option of a new WiFi network, and hit the connect button in your system.
- Step 17: In the end, complete the process by clicking on the Finish button.
- Step 18: Now, disconnect the extender from the current location, and move it to the desired location.
- Step 19: Try to connect the wireless device with the extender’s network.
If the device got successfully connected, then it means you have completed the setup of Netgear’s extender with Netgear Genie Smart Setup. But, if you are not able to do so, then follow the troubleshooting steps discussed in the next section.
Troubleshooting Netgear Genie Smart Setup!
In case, you are not able to connect to the Netgear Extender’s network, then you need to check the following things, and adopt the measures accordingly.
- Step 1: Make sure the Netgear extender is properly connected to the power supply.
- Step 2: Check the LED light on the Extender with green color. If it is there, then it is working, otherwise, check the connection.
- Step 3: Perform the reset operation for the Netgear Extender to bring all the settings to default and try again to connect.
These steps should help you out in resolving your issue of not connected. After that, you can try again to set up the Netgear Extender mentioned above for the setup of the extender.
Smart Setup with Smart Wizard!
Wrapping up, Netgear Genie Smart Setup will help you in the smart setup of the Netgear Extender. This will lead you to the end step by step. In the end, you will be able to use the wireless network anywhere on your device.