- With the desired device, connect to the new extender WiFi network. There will be 2 new extender networks based on different bandwidths having 2GEXT and 5GEXT in the last of the existing Wifi network name. For example, if your WiFi network name is Super, then it would be Super_2GEXT and 5GEXT.
The password will be the same as that of your existing WiFi network.
- With these steps, the Netgear AC1200 Wifi Range Extender setup is complete. For confirmation, test the device connectivity in the area having poor signal strength whether it works or not, otherwise, bring the device a bit closer to the Extender so that Extender LED should turn from red to green.
Hence, these are the steps for the setup with the WPS button. But, some may find it difficult as some routers don’t have the WPS button. Therefore, the other option is to do the Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender Setup without WPS discussed in the next section.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender Setup without WPS
The routers having no WPS button can follow these steps in order to connect the Netgear AC1200 Extender to the network, or for the completion of the setup. This setup can be completed with the help of the installation assistant. The detailed process has been explained below in the steps:
- First, place your extender in the same room as that of your router.
- Supply the power to the extender by pushing the On/Off button.
- On the desired device that you wish to connect, start the WiFi manager and connect it to the network of the extender.
- Now, start the web browser that you want.
- Type the address mywifiext.net in the address bar and you will be redirected to the new page.
- This page may ask you about the login details i.e. username or password if your network is secured with the key.
- After that, the installation assistant will come into the picture, and you have to follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender setup without WPS.
- Lastly, test the device connectivity in the weaker signal area. If connected, your setup is complete, otherwise, bring the device in the proximity area of the extender.
Therefore, in this way, you can boost up your network with the help of the Extender and Netgear AC 1200 setup will let you enjoy the dual bandwidth speed of the internet with one device only. Still, if some problem is precise, our technicians are 24X7 available to resolve your problem.