How to Perform Factory Reset Netgear Extender
For many of the problems of Netgear Extender, there is one definite solution and that is Factory Reset Netgear Extender. You may have noticed that as well, in the troubleshooting of some major problems, factory reset has been defined as the solution. Even, if you want to bring all the settings to default, then also you need to perform the factory reset operation. Therefore, it is good to know about the process of Netgear WiFi Extender Factory Reset. Basically, the purpose of factory reset is to delete all the settings that one has made at a personal level in the network and restore the settings to the time of manufacturing. It also includes a username and password. So, let’s come straight to the point, and discuss the process of factory reset Netgear extender.
Reset Button for Factory Reset Netgear Extender
There are different ways available to complete the Netgear WiFi Extender factory reset. It depends on you which method you find suitable for you. The first method being discussed is by using the Reset button. Therefore, let’s discuss the steps for the Factory Reset using the reset button.
- Step 1: Make sure your extender is ON and the light is glowing.
- Step 2: Find the reset button on your Netgear Extender and will be present at the back of the extender.
- Step 3: Now, use a pinpoint thing to press the Reset button as it cannot be pressed with a finger.
- Step 4: Keep it pressed for around 10 seconds.
- Step 5: Now, release the reset button for your extender.
After the completion of these steps, your Netgear Extender has got factory reset, and all the settings are again turned to default. In case, you are finding this method difficult or you are not near to your Netgear Extender, then you can use the other method i.e. using the web interface. Let’s discuss the steps for this in the coming section.
Netgear WiFi Extender Factory Reset using Web Interface
This method of factory reset is not discussed much because it is applicable to some models of Netgear Extender only. So, if your Netgear Extender allows you to perform this via the web interface, then you need to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Make sure your system and extender are connected with each other.
- Step 2: Now, go to the web browser in your system.
- Step 3: Type the default IP address for your Netgear extender in the URL field.
- Step 4: The login screen has opened.
- Step 5: Enter the login details and click on the login or Submit button.
- Step 6: On the successful login, the admin panel for your Netgear Extender will open.
- Step 7: Now, go to the Menu tab on the dashboard or admin panel of your router.
- Step 8: After that, click on the Settings option, and under that section, click on the Other option.
- Step 9: Now, click on the Reset option.
- Step 10: the confirmation dialog will appear up whether you want to reset or not.
- Step 11: Click on Yes to perform the factory reset.
So, these are the steps helping you to reset your Netgear Extender using the web interface. All the settings will come to the default and you can log in now with the default credentials.
Bring to Default!
Factory reset is very useful in case you got stuck in between or forgot about the username and password for your router. Therefore, by following the above methods for the factory reset Netgear extender, you can easily bring the settings to default, from the username to the network configuration, and complete the operation in which you got stuck.