How to Know Netgear WiFi Extender Default Password
To make a login into your Netgear account for the first time, it is important to know about the Netgear WiFi extender default password. Some people might not know but they have the default credentials like username and password in front of them. In this article, you will get to know where to find or look for the Netgear Extender default password. Also, if you have changed your password anytime, and want to restore the settings to default, then it is possible too. So, get to know about all these things in one place now, and that is here.
Where to Look for Netgear Extender Default Password?
Whenever you buy a new Netgear Extender, then there are various places where you can find the Netgear extender default password. So, if you are looking for the default username and password for your router, then follow the points given below:
- Check the sticker pasted on your WiFi extender with all the mentions of the default information.
- You can also check the manual provided with the Netgear Extender with all the default information for your extender.
- Sometimes, the default username and password are mentioned underneath the surface of the WiFi extender.
- One can also find the default information on the manufacturer’s website by typing the model number of your WiFi extender.
Therefore, these are some of the locations where you can find the Netgear WiFi extender default password. Now you can complete your login to do the Netgear WiFi Extender configuration. But, you want to change the default password for the Netgear Extender at some point of time. Moreover, it is recommended to do so as the first thing once you complete the login. Though it is not a difficult task, and you can do it easily by yourself.
Changing Netgear WiFi Extender Default Password
In order to change the Netgear WiFi Extender Default Password, you need to first complete the login with the default credentials. Once you are at the admin panel, then you can change the default settings of your WiFi extender. So, follow the steps in the sequence given below:
- Step 1: At first, connect your setup device with the extender’s network.
- Step 2: Now, launch the web browser in your system preferably Google Chrome.
- Step 3: In the URL field, type mywifiext.net to visit the login page of the Netgear WiFi extender.
- Step 4: Press Enter key and the login screen will open.
- Step 5: Now, enter the default username and password in the fields and click on the Sign-in or Login button.
- Step 6: Then, the admin panel will open for your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Step 7: Now, go to the maintenance option and then select Password.
- Step 8: Here, change the password and enter the desired password you want to use in future login.
- Step 9: Save the changes.
- Step 10: If you want to make the other changes as well, then go to the respective options and change them.
- Step 11: Don’t forget to save to apply all the changes you have made.
Therefore, these are the steps to change the password or username for increasing the security of your network. This will stop the hackers from entering your network without being noticed.
Restoring the Netgear WiFi Extender Default Password
Due to any reason, if you want to restore the Netgear WiFi extender default password, then you just need to complete the procedure for the factory reset for your Netgear WiFi extender. To do so, just follow the steps given below:
- Make sure your Netgear WiFi extender is in On state.
- Find the reset button at the back of your WiFi extender.
- Press and hold the reset button for around 20-30 seconds, and then release it.
- With this, all the settings again reset to default.
So, now you can again use the Netgear WiFi extender default password for your account and make all the required changes if you got stuck somewhere.
Everything About Netgear Extender Default Password!
Summing up, this article contains all the information you required to know about the Netgear WiFi extender default password. All the steps are covered from finding the default password to restoring again the settings to default for the Netgear Extender. So, if you got stuck with the Netgear extender default password, follow this article and get the solution to your problems!