How to Complete Orbi WiFi Extender Setup
Netgear Orbi setup is used when you want to extend the mesh network at your place. This will help you to eliminate the dead zones of your network in the one go. You can place multiple Netgear Orbi Mesh Devices in order to get the full coverage of the network. Though, there are very simple steps to complete the Orbi WiFi Extender setup. You will get to know about every method in detail so that you can complete the setup according to your preference. So, let’s get started with the procedures one by one.
Completing Netgear Orbi Setup via Ethernet Cable
The very first method being discussed is the wired method or the ethernet cable method. With this method, there are fewer chances that your setup will go into failure as there are no chances to have connectivity issues for the internet. So, let’s proceed with the steps:
- Step 1: Make sure your existing WiFi router is in an On state.
- Step 2: Now, connect the Wifi router and Orbi extender with the help of an ethernet cable.
- Step 3: You have to connect the ethernet cable to the yellow port of the Netgear Orbi Extender.
- Step 4: Then, after making a secure connection with the ethernet cable, plug the Orbi Extender into the power source.
- Step 5: Power on the Orbi Extender and the LED light will start glowing.
- Step 6: Wait till the ring LED light turns into the pulse white color.
- Step 7: Now, take the secondary Orbi device named Satellite device placed in the house with the better network coverage.
- Step 8: Now, plug the Orbi satellite device into the power source.
- Step 9: Wait for some time to turn the satellite’s LED colors into solid white, then pulse white, and then pulse magenta.
- Step 10: Then, wait for 10 seconds, and one of the following lights will lit signifying:
- Solid Blue Color: This means there is a good connection between the Orbi Extender and satellite.
- Solid Magenta Color: This means no connection establishment between Orbi extender and satellite and brings satellite closer to the extender.
- Solid Amber Color: This means, the connection is established but is weak so change the location in order to have better connectivity.
With these steps, the Netgear Orbi setup is complete, and now you can try to connect your device with the Orbi devices. Once you complete the setup, the ring LED light on the Orbi’s router will go off. Now, in order to connect with the help of WiFi to the Obi devices, you need to follow the steps given in the next section.
Connecting with WiFi to Orbi Devices:
If you want to connect your laptop or mobile device with the Orbi extender with the help of a WiFi connection, then you need to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: First, make sure the power is On for the Orbi Extender and satellite.
- Step 2: Now, check the list of available WiFi networks in the device to which you want to connect to the Orbi network.
- Step 3: Select the name mentioned for your Orbi network.
- Step 4: Connect to it, and if prompted for the password then enter that as well.
- Step 5: If you don’t know about the password, then check for a sticker over your Orbi’s extender.
That’s it, now you are connected to Orbi’s network, and complete your work with the full coverage of the network.
The setup is complete!
Wrapping this, the setup is complete for the Orbi wifi extender setup and now you can connect your devices either via Ethernet or WiFi method. Therefore, you are able to have WiFi connectivity at every corner of your home, and that too with better coverage. So, get more out of your network now!